Not that the Xbox One is hurting for any accessories, but adding another one, especially this one doesn’t hurt. Announced earlier today, Steelseries is bringing their acclaimed series of wireless headsets, to the Xbox One with the Arctis 9X.
Packing a pair of 40 mm drivers, dual Bluetooth (4.1) capability and a Discord certified microphone, this headset has it all. The Arctis 9x will be sold exclusively via Gamestop and is priced at $199.99. And if you’re thinking about picking one up, they’re available for sale right now. If though I already own a pair (Arctis 7) for the PC, the fact that I can’t use it on the Xbox One is already reason enough to get yet another set.
Features of the Arctis 9X headset can be seen below:
- Integrated Xbox Wireless means no cables or dongle required – connects just like a controller
- Simultaneous Bluetooth lets you mix in audio from another device while connected to the Xbox or use the headset when on the go
- ClearCast noise canceling microphone for natural sounding clarity, Discord certified
- The signature soundscape of Arctis emphasizes subtle, yet critical sounds to give you an audio advantage
- Best-in-class 20 hour battery life
The only downside is the Arctis 9x doesn’t support Atmos. Other than that, this is a quality headset and one I’ve come to enjoy on the PC. Meaning, Xbox One owners are getting one hell of a headset, that is if the asking price isn’t too high for them.