What’s old is new again
While the news of Dragon’s Crown Pro being a title already existing. Gamers in the West can breathe a little easier, as Atlus has officially confirmed that the title will be released in the West. We’ll see a North American release during Spring 2018. This will be a digital release and game will be priced at $49.99. I would have loved a physical edition, maybe with a collectible, but I’ll take what I can get.
This remaster of 2013’s acclaimed 2-D hack and slash couch co-op, beat ’em up action game from Vanillaware and ATLUS will be available for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro. And since this is a remaster, it will come with a host of new visual and audio upgrades. Of course, the gameplay will be just as you remember it from the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions.
Dragon’s Crown Pro will feature the following upgrades:
- Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon – With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware’s signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
- A Rousing Adventurer’s Soundtrack – A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon’s Crown.
- Glorious Presentation – Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- All the Royal Bells and Whistles – If you already own Dragon’s Crown, your saves won’t go to waste. There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
- Four Player Frenzy – With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.
If you’re heading at to Sony’s PSX 2017 event, then you’ll be able to get some hands-on with Dragon’s Crown Pro. Just make your way over to the ATLUS/SEGA booth (Hall B, #B210).
I can’t wait until this game is released. I enjoyed playing this game on the PS3 and was a bit bummed out when there was no way to play it on the PS4. So I’m officially hyped for Dragon’s Crown Pro when it launches Spring 2018.