Raiden, one of the longest standing top-down SHUMPs is making a big comeback. And just in time for Raiden’s 25th anniversary. We’re getting A release of Raiden V: Director’s Cut, an update of Raiden V. Originally released back in 2016 on the Xbox One (In Japan), the director’s cut adds several new additions to the game. We’re talking about co-op action, a new story mode, new ships, missions and more.
That’s not all as Raiden V: Director’s Cut is also making it’s way to the PlayStation 4 and PC. The title will be available via the PlayStation Store, GOG.com, Amazon.com, Steam and Humble Bundle. The PS4 version will also see a physical edition that includes a 22-track soundtrack. This time around the title will not make it to the Xbox One.
The title is priced at $39.99 on the PC but will be on sale for the first week. So we’ll see a discount across the board for the PC. No word on the PlayStation 4 pricing as the page isn’t live just yet.
- Two-player Couch Co-op: For the first time ever, join forces with a friend and defend Earth against the Cranassian invasion.
- Story Mode: An all-new story full of twists and turns! Featuring multiple endings, the story alters depending on the player’s performance.
- New Missions: Enjoy two new missions, created exclusively for the Director’s Cut edition
- New Ships: Choose from three unique ships, each with different strengths and weapons.
- Branching Levels: Experiment with different routes through stages
- Boss Missions: Defeat bosses under special conditions and compete in leaderboards
I haven’t played a Raiden title since Raiden IV, and that was in 2007. That said, Raiden V: Director’s Cut looks to get me back involved with the series.