With the next big gaming convention, Gamescom 2016, right around the corner, we’re seeing more companies announce their plans. Today Blizzard announced that during Gamescom, they’ll be host multiple events for each of their games, from World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch.
In addition to what’ listed below, Blizzard will also host a dance and costume contest, signing sessions, two concerts from Video Games Live on August 19th. If you’re like us and aren’t able to attend the event, that’s ok, as Blizard will be streaming their events over at http://gamescom.blizzard.com.
World of Warcraft
- From August 18-21, the Legion Café will bring a recreation of The Fel Hammer to central Cologne to celebrate the upcoming launch of World of Warcraft’s latest expansion
- Visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to try out the new Demon Hunter class in advance of the August 30 release of World of Warcraft: Legion
- Two of the top World of Warcraft guilds will race against each other in Legion’s top tier difficulty dungeons (Mythic+) live on the Blizzard stage
- Professional StarCraft II players will face off in exciting live showmatches on the Blizzard stage
- In celebration of Diablo’s 20th anniversary, visitors to the Blizzard booth will be able to play all three Diablo games
- A 3D artist from the Diablo development team will create a piece of artwork live on the Blizzard stage
- Professional card-slingers and community personalities will battle it out in exciting Hearthstoneshowmatches on the Blizzard stage
Heroes of the Storm
- Brawlmania will deliver an epic Heroes of the Storm showdown on the Blizzard stage throughout gamescom, as six teams of influencers and pro players face off in themed showmatches
- The Heroes of the Storm Europe Fall Regional tournament will take place from August 17-19 on the ESL Arena stage, with the winning team moving on to compete for a piece of the $1,000,000 USD prize pool at the Fall Championship at BlizzCon
- The world premiere of the new Overwatch animated short will be revealed on stage and via live stream on the Blizzard gamescom hub at 18:00 CEST on Thursday, August 18
- The Overwatch Atlantic Showdown tournament will take place from August 20-21, pitting the top four teams from both North America and Europe against each other, with a $100,000 USD prize pool on the line
Gamescom 2016 takes place from August 17th – 21st and is held at the Koelnmesse convention centre in Cologne, Germany.