I’m sure that like me, many of you have been trying to enjoy the recent release of Street Fighter V, but have meant in really disappointing experience so far. Ranging between not finding friends via FighterID or SteamID, crashing, resolution issues and a slew of other issues, it definitely feels like that Street Fighter V is rushed product. I’m not even going to get into the whole “NO ARCADE MODE” deal, because that’s a thing.
However it seems Capcom is addressing some, if not all the of the issues. Check out the current issues that are being worked on, for both the PS4 and PC versions of the title.
With the game now officially out, we’d like to address some of the issues customers have been experiencing since launch. Please hit the jump for updates on network status, PC-specific issues and feature asks.
- Online connectivity – login and intermittent connectivity issues should be less frequent as the service stabilizes now that all platforms and regions have launched.
- Matchmaking issues – the issue should be fixed now as the team identified the root cause and have implemented a server side fix few moments ago. Please checkmobile.twitter.com/sfvserver for the latest updates and server status
- Fighter ID corruption – a small number of PC users have reported their Fighter ID getting corrupt after account registration. We’re aware of this issue and will have a fix in place shortly to prevent this from happening further.
- Game boot-up/crashing issues – some of these issues may be attributed to certain Anti-Virus software preventing the game executable from launching due to a false-positive error. We recommend users add StreetFighterV.exe and/or the game installation directory to the exclusion list to prevent this issue.
- There are other non-reproducible crashes or stability issues that we’ll be looking into. We appreciate if you can continue sending feedback through the official Steam Bug Reporting thread with as much details as possible so that we can attempt to reproduce and fix the issue.
- Native DirectInput support – this was one of the more consistent requests we’ve received from the PC community. We realize many fans prefer to use their existing PS3/PS4 compatible Arcade Sticks on PC which are DirectInput-based, so we are actively looking into adding this feature in an upcoming patch. In the meantime, players can use popular XInput remapping tools such as the X360CE.
- Expanded key re-binding functionality – we are also looking into expanding key binding option to allow customers to freely map keys beyond the default B/N/M/,/H/J/K/L keys.
- In-game language options – the currently set language is based on the Operating System’s UI language. We are looking into adding language options via the Steam client launcher in an upcoming patch.
- Resolution Switching – current design requires users to cycle through each in-between resolution setting in order to arrive at a resolution of their choice. We’ll look into making this process much simpler and less time consuming in the future.
- Lastly, we’ll provide another round of updates shortly, as soon as we have a solid timeline for when these feature additions will be ready. Please stay tuned!
Street Fighter V is a living and breathing platform that will continue to improve and evolve over time with more features and content. With that being said, we’d like to assure you that we are always listening to your feedback and with your help, we will continue to find ways to make Street Fighter V better and better. So please, keep the feedback coming and thanks for your support!
It’s nice to see that Capcom is a least addressing the issues, however I feel that some of these issues could have been corrected prior to the game being released, especially after all the stress tests and beta that were conducted. C’mon Capcom, this is perhaps your worse launch of a Street Fighter title to date and it’s truly unacceptable.
FIX STREET FIGHTER V, so I can body or get bodied without issues.
Sources: Capcom Unity