On this week’s brand new episode of The Cine-Analyst, we look at a mutant femme fatale, Mystique, whose inner struggle is still more interesting than the unspoken sexual tension between Professor X and Magneto. Through her blue skin, we get a quick glimpse as what it means for you to feel like to be judged solely for your skin, and how profoundly that affects your day to day life.
Here’s what we talk about this episode:
- Yes, for real, advertising can mess you up.
- It ain’t easy being blue.
- When you can be anyone, would you choose to be yourself?
- The trauma of being seen.
- Acceptance is not the same as love, but its close enough.
- When stuck between two bad philosophies, walk your own path.
Tune in every Friday as I breakdown fictional characters and talk about what’s going on inside that brain of theirs. Are your favorite heroes crazy or just misunderstood? Find out on this season of The Cine-Analyst!