Update: If you own Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, then you should have received a 3GB update today. This opens the paywall for access to both of the car parks, the track pack and the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition Bundle. Each pack is $6.99, while the entire bundle is priced at $16.99, which nets you a $3.98 savings if you go that route.
Recently I was re-installing Forza Motorsport 6: Apex onto my other gaming PC, when I actually mistyped “Apex” by adding a “/” on it. To my surprise, two listings showed up – Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition Bundle. I’ve never heard of this new version of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for the PC and I sure the heck didn’t see any advertisements for it.
So what is it exactly? Well, from the description, it seems like this contains the entire version of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex , which is free, along with three expansions: Power to Weight Car Pack, the Hyper Endurance Car Pack, and the Nürburgring Track Pack. What’s odd about this is that Apex didn’t have any expansions, as it was considered just a trial version or a test run of Forza Motorsport 6. Yet, here we are with 2 car packs and 1 track pack, that by themselves cost $6.99 and without any announcements about any of them either. Now Microsoft is including them in a bundle which is based around a free game?
You can see this on the Windows store now by going here, however, it doesn’t get released until 11/7/2016. It says it is available for pre-order if you go to the link via a browser, however, going to it in the Windows 10 just gives you the page. There doesn’t appear to be a price listed for this either.
We’ve reached out to Microsoft for more information regarding this.
The expansions also give a bit of info of what’s included with each as well.
- Hyper Endurance Car Pack – The Hyper Endurance Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features seven cars for you to collect and race. Once purchased, these cars are available to be used in free play and in new Spotlight events.
- Power To Weight Car Pack – The Power to Weight Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features seven cars for you to collect and race. Once purchased, these cars are available to be used in free and in new Spotlight events.
- Nürburgring Track Pack – The Nürburgring Track Pack for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features the legendary Nürburgring, including the Nordschleife, GP Circuit, and the Full Circuit, all featuring day, night, and wet conditions.
The Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Premium Edition includes the full version of Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, as well as three expansions: the Power to Weight Car Pack, the Hyper Endurance Car Pack, and the Nürburgring Track Pack. In addition, players can test their skills in 15 new Spotlight Events showcasing what makes both these cars and the Nürburgring such legends of motorsport! “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” brings the award-winning Forza franchise to Windows 10. Built for Windows 10 PCs with DirectX 12, and powered by the state-of-the-art ForzaTech™ graphics and physics engine, this free Forza experience features all new race modes designed to showcase the thrill of “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” in breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution.
A CURATED FORZA EXPERIENCE ON WINDOWS 10
• Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.
• Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.
• Race a diverse selection of more than 60 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.
• Compete on six tracks based on world-famous tracks, featuring immersive wet-weather and night racing conditions.
Has anyone ever heard of this?