Just announced during The Game Awards show, Microsoft’s showed off the next-generation Xbox console. Don’t call it Scarlet, as that’s a family. Nope, this is called Xbox Series X.
And it looks like a gaming PC, due to the elongated shape.
Phil Spencer talked quite a bit about Xbox Series X in a recent article on Xbox.com. Here are some of the takeaways from it;
- Xbox Series X is super quiet.
- The goal is to set the bar for all existing consoles.
- It will be the fastest, most powerful Xbox console ever.
- 12x Teraflops and 2x the amount of power of the Xbox One X.
- A new Xbox wireless controller was also shown, with a redefined shape, new share button and an advanced d-pad derived from the Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller. Compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10.
- The goal is 4K 60FPS, with 120FPS being a possibility.
- All 15 Xbox Game Studios are actively working on games for the console, along with a handful of other developers
- Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II’s footage was captured directly from the console.
- Still set for a Holiday 2020 release date.
- Still no word on the price.
Except to see more coverage of the Xbox Series X popping up over the course of the next few days. Of course, this also means we’ll definitely see the console at E3 2020, and maybe even at PAX East 2020 (please???).