Microsoft on Monday unveiled their newest Alpha ring updated for the Xbox Preview Program, which will be rolling out today at 9 pm EST. The new 1804 build will feature the new Mixer share controller functionality, allowing console streamers to share their controller with a viewer on Mixer. This feature enables a viewer to use a synthetic controller on Mixer to co-pilot the broadcaster’s hardware controller. This feature will go live on Tuesday, March 6, at 12 noon EST.
This build also increases performance for and fixes the missing cursor and blank tab issue with Microsoft Edge, fixes the Show All page in the Microsoft Store, as well as other miscellaneous fixes throughout the Xbox ecosystem.
The following are known issues with this upcoming update:
- This build installation will take a bit longer than usual, as it will require the full update size of 3.5 GB. This update does not factory reset the console it is a large payload. Download times are dependent on your Internet speeds and can likely be improved by using a wired network connection.
- If Microsoft Edge was pinned prior to downloading the 1804 update, attempting to launch Microsoft Edge from the existing pin will fail. Workaround: Delete the old Microsoft Edge pin and re-pin Microsoft Edge.
- Settings: When accessing the Language & location page in Settings, it may take a long time for the page to load.
- Pi-hole users may encounter issues signing in, creating, or recovering accounts upon downloading the 1804 update. This is due to a new configuration file which is downloaded from a URL Pi-hole blocks by default.
- Workaround: Add clientconfig.passport.net to the Pi-hole allowed IP address list.
- We are aware that some Spatial Audio users will experience unexpected game volumes and are working on a fix.
- We are aware that the Mono output feature is not working as expected in latest builds. The team has identified a fix and is testing. Please turn off the feature if you are using an audio receiver with less than 7.1 audio channels.
- We have identified an issue with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater and certain AVR models that will result in random sound cut outs. If a sound cut out ever occurs you can change your audio format settings to something else and then back to reset it.
- In the Now TV app some UI elements are disappearing during playback.
Settings – Accessory App:
- Some users may experience a problem not being able to assign controller configurations in the Xbox Accessory app.
Wi-Fi Lag Issues:
- We are aware of an issue in which your Wi-Fi connection may lag for 3-4 seconds and reoccur after 30 minutes. Workaround: The only known workaround at this point is to use wired networking
- We are aware of an issue in which the Blu-ray app may experience visual glitching after a few minutes of playback. Workaround – Quit and restart the application.
- In the Plex App some users are experiencing buffering. We are actively investigating this issue.
- We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the Netflix app crashing. Workaround – Please check for an update for the Netflix app.
- We are investigating an issue in which some users are experiencing the console shutdown after you turn it on. Workaround – Simply turn the console back on.
My Games and Apps – Some Games missing from your collection:
- We are investigating an issue in which some games and apps are missing from your collection. You may see the tabs in your My Games and Apps show no titles/and or some titles missing in your (1) Game Pass collection and (2) EA Access collection. You still own the titles they are simply not displaying in My Games and Apps
- Workaround – Simply find the missing title in the Store and play from the Store display page or launch the EA Access app for other titles missing.
If you are part of the Alpha Ring of the Xbox Insider program, this update should automatically download and install itself if your console is set to Instant-On mode. If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 4 am EST on Tuesday, March 6, you will be prompted to do so.
Source: Xbox News