Just a short time ago, the Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer beta was released. Except it was only for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, leaving the PC gaming crowd wondering if they were going to see the beta for their beloved PCs.
Well, it turns out that they actually are and it’s coming later this month.
Slated for a weekend event, PC gamers will be able to grab their arms (guns) and partake in the Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer open beta from Sept. 29th – Oct. 2nd. Once the beta is available, you’ll be able to download it via steam. Oh, did I mention that it’s an open beta? Meaning as long as you have access to a PC, you’ll be able to play right along with everyone else!
Together with Raven Software, we’re excited to share that the Call of Duty: WWII Open Multiplayer Beta on PC will kick off on September 29th and run through October 2nd on Steam.
The PC Open Beta is just a small part of the full Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer experience coming to Steam in November. This test is a critical step on our road to delivering the best possible online experience on Steam at launch in November, with the following key goals:
- Stress test core gameplay systems and online backend infrastructure at scale
- Provide PC fans with their first hands-on experience of the boots-on-the-ground combat coming in Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer
- Engage with the PC community to fine-tune and optimize the PC experience for November
So with that out of the way, let’s take about the computer specs you’ll need to play in the beta. Surprisingly, the requirements are quite tame and if you met the following, you’ll be just fine.
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- CPU: Intel Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- HDD: 25 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 2 GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Keep in mind, Sledgehammer Games has mentioned that this specs could change, so keep an eye open on them.
Finally, as this is a beta, please be sure to report any issues, glitches or other wrongs to the Sledgehammer Games team via the Call of Duty: WWII subreddit.