DotEmu, the developer, and publisher of Windjammers has announced the release date for the PS4 and PS Vita. The title will see an August 29th, 2017 release date, so it won’t be long until everyone will get a chance to re-experience this simple, yet fun game.
It definitely surprised me when I first checked it out during the closed beta, so I’ll be looking forward to the official release of Windjammers.
Originally released on the NEOGEO arcade system, Windjammers perfectly blends sports and fighting games. Sharpen your throwing and sliding skills, use the best techniques to defeat your opponents, and become the world’s best player! Play as one of six characters and play against other gamers via local or online multiplayer modes. Speaking of the online, this game utilizes the popular GGPO netcode, so you’ll have a near-lagless online experience.
Get ready to enjoy everything that Windjammers has to offer.
• 5 game modes: ARCADE, INFINITE, LOCAL VERSUS, ONLINE QUICK MATCH, & RANKED MATCH
• Online Versus: for the first time ever, face other players worldwide in ranked matches and compete in the top leagues!
• 6 unique characters with their own special skills and super throws
• 6 playable environments, from sunny beach to crowded stadium
• 2 unlockable mini-games: Dog Distance & Bowling
• New HD menus
• Trophies and leaderboards
The price has yet to be announced, but we have reached out to DotEmu for more information. We’ll update the article once we have the pricing.