Killing Floor 2 has been in Early Access for what seems like a lifetime. Thankfully, that looks like it’s all over as Tripwire Interactive have announced that the game will finally be released. Slated for a November 18, 2016, release date, Killing Floor 2 will finally officially launch. Soon, players will be able to get their fill of killing all sorts of nasty creatures on the PC and PlayStation.
In addition, there will be several different versions; PC Digital for $29.99, PC Digital Deluxe ($39.99), as well as a PC and PlayStation retail version for $39.99.
Personally, I’m happy to see that the game will be available in release form soon. I’ve been playing the heck out of this while a few others and it’s definitely tons of fun. So much that it had replaced a certain zombie-slaying sequel for quite some time. If you haven’t tried out the game yet, you’re in for a treat, so keep this on your radar.
- Visceral Gore – Killing Floor 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
- 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
- 12 Player PvP Versus Survival Game Mode – Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
- Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
- Unique Blend Of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, Killing Floor 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
- Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
- Brutal Melee Combat – Killing Floor 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds