2K Games has put out the announcement about the Collectors Edition for their upcoming WWE 2K17 video game. Unlike previous years which have been centralized around a specific WWE Legend or Superstar, this year’s Collectors Edition has been renamed the “NXT Edition” and will feature heavily on the up and coming Superstars from the NXT brand.
The NXT Edition of WWE 2K17 will include:
- A copy of the WWE 2K17 video game;
- Exclusive premium packaging;
- NXT Enhancement Pack:
- Playable NXT Superstars: Shinsuke Nakamura, Nia Jax and Apollo Crews;
- 50 percent more points at NXT in MyCareer;
- Exclusive Canvas 2 Canvas lithograph designed by WWE artist Rob Schamberger and autographed by NXT Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura;
- Exclusive eight-inch “Demon” Finn Bálor collectible figurine;
- Exclusive Topps NXT TakeOver: London Mat Relics Card:
- Each card will include a piece of authentic ring canvas from the event “NXT TakeOver: London“;
- Each card will feature one of 14 featured Superstars from “NXT TakeOver: London“;
- Each Superstar’s card will have one of 10 different rarity levels;
- Goldberg Pack: access to two playable versions of legendary WCW and WWE star Bill Goldberg, as well as playable WCW Monday Nitro and Halloween Havoc arenas.
2K Games said about this new branding: “WWE NXT has produced some of the brightest new Superstars on the main roster and is a hotbed of fresh talent. Current top WWE Superstars like Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Paige, Charlotte, and many more all came from NXT. And now Samoa Joe, Finn Bálor, Asuka, Bayley and more are tearing it up on the weekly, hour-long show. We could think of no better place to focus our WWE 2K17 Collector’s Edition for the most hardcore fans of WWE. It’s a great mix of prized physical collectibles and must-have digital Superstars! Now is your chance to lock in your copy as they’ll be limited to just 50,000 copies worldwide.”
The WWE 2K17 NXT Edition releases on October 11, 2016 and will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for $99.99.