SNK Playmore sure kept it’s cards close to its chest when it came to revealing The King of Fighters XIV. A series of fourteen reveals lead up to today, where both SNK and ATLUS USA released the launch dates and pre-order/first week bonuses for The King of Fighters XIV on PlayStation 4.
Firstly, The King of Fighters XIV will release two days apart in Japan and the United States. The US release comes on August 23rd and Japan gets theirs on August 25th. As a pre-order bonus for the United States, ATLUS is providing a Day One Edition which comes with a SteelBook with Kyo on the cover. Both Japan and the USA will get the classic ’98 Kyo costume as DLC, but ATLUS confirmed that the US PlayStation Store will have it available for free for launch week.
Secondly, the entire roster has been announced, split into 16 teams:
- China Team: Shun’ei, Tung Fu Rue, Meitenkun
- Japan Team: Kyo Kusanagi, Benimaru Nikaido, Goro Daimon
- Official Invitation Team: Sylvie, Kukri, Mian
- South America Team: Nelson, Zarina, Bandeiras
- Yagami Team: Iori Yagami, Vice, Mature
- Kim Team: Kim Kaphwan, Gang-Il, Luong
- Mexico Team: Ramon, Angel, King of Dinosaurs
- Another World Team: Nakoruru, Mui Mui, Love Heart
- Villains Team: Xanadu, Chang Koehan, Choi Bounge
- K’ Team: K’, Kula Diamond, Maxima
- Ikari Team: Ralf Jones, Clark Still, Leona Heidern
- South Town Team: Geese Howard, Billy Kane, Hein
- Fatal Fury Team: Terry Bogard, Joe Higashi, Andy Bogard
- Women Fighters Team: King, Mai Shiranui, Alice
- Psycho Soldier Team: Athena Asamiya, Sie Kensou, Chin Gentsai
- Art of Fighting Team: Ryo Sakazaki, Robert Garcia, Yuri Sakazaki
Also confirmed was the game’s mid-boss and official organizer of the 14th King of Fighters Tournament, Antonov, but not much is known about the cigar smoking TO (tournament organizer.)
The King of Fighters XIV will be priced at USD 59.99 and CAD 79.99.
Additionally, we got a chance to play a build of The King of Fighters XIV at the Sony PlayStation booth this weekend during PAX East 2016, and we have some footage of a set that was played during Media Hour.