Well it seems that Vigil, the team that ported Darksiders 2 for the PC, has been listening to the complaints and pleas of the PC gamers. Currently they are working on a second patch that addresses several issues including the broken V-sync option and settings not being saved. There isn’t a ETA on when we’ll see this expected patch but at least we know it’s in the works. Honestly I stopped playing my copy due to the issues, esspecially with V-sync… so much tearing. And yes I know you can force it via the GPU settings in Windows, but why? If said option is there then it should work.
Check out the 2nd patch details below (Warning…. All your key mappings will default when this patch hits):
- Added Key Bindings option to the Pause Menu. (Previous location on the Moves List still there)
- The V-sync graphics option is now functional.
- Reaper Form now triggers correctly when using a Keyboard.
- Video Settings save to the Steam Cloud correctly.
- You can now sacrifice items below the 3rd row in the Possessed Weapon menu.
- Target Reticules align properly at all screen resolutions.
- Addressed crashes in Blackstone, including at the 2nd lever and during the Lilith cut-scene.
- Various gameplay progressions fixes.
You can follow the status of this patch be checking out the official Darksiders 2 forum port – here.