Just announced during the DC Comics DC Fan Dome, is the new WB Montreal game, Gotham Knights. We already covered the premise of the game, Batman is dead (sure he is….) and it is now up to Batgirl, Red hood, Robin, and Nightwing to take up the mantle and defend Gotham City. Gotham Knights can be played as a single-player game or you can call in some backup and play with another person via an online co-op mode. The title is being developed by Warner Bros. Games Montréal and has a release window of 2021.
Along with the introduction of Gotham Knights, we were also treated to a short, 7-minute gameplay demo that shows off Batgirl, as she tracks down Mister Freeze and tried to put an end to his troublesome ways.
Check out the gameplay demo below.
As you may have noticed, the game isn’t looking too hot, but that’s to be expected as this is a PRE-Alpha build and that the game has a long way to go. We don’t have a release date, as it’s way too early but we do have confirmation that the game will be released for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC.
- Play as a New Guard of DC Super Heroes – Step into the roles of Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood and Robin and shape Gotham’s newest protector to create your own version of the Dark Knight.
- Action-Packed, Original Story Set in DC’s Batman Universe – With the Belfry as their base of operations, this new era of heroes will solve mysteries that connect the darkest chapters in Gotham’s history – from its soaring towers to its underground criminal network. Embark on rich storylines, including face-offs against some of the most infamous DC Super-Villains, such as Mr. Freeze, who is set on engulfing Gotham City in ice.
- Explore and Fight Crime in an Open-World Gotham City – Patrol the dark streets of five distinct boroughs in a dynamic, interactive Gotham using a variety of traversal abilities and heroic combat moves, as well as the iconic Batcycle. From street-level crimefighting to face-offs with iconic DC Super-Villains, save the city from descent into chaos.
- Unique Character Abilities and Customization – Each hero has unique abilities, gear, weapons and a customizable suit. Batgirl wields her melee tonfa; Nightwing uses his signature dual Escrima Sticks; Red Hood has trained to reach peak human strength; and Robin is expertly skilled with his collapsible quarter staff.
- Team Up in Two-Player, Online Co-Op – Play Gotham Knights solo or team up with a friend and combine strengths to protect Gotham City in two-player, online co-op.
Expect to hear more information on Gotham Knights in the upcoming weeks. Are you excited about a new Batman(less) title finally being announced? Let us know in the comments!