Of the many games shown during the Nintendo E3 Direct, one of the biggest, and soon to arrive, games was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. The new trailer for the game can be seen below, and as you will see, characters like Luke Cage, Elektra, Elsa Bloodstone, and Ghost Rider will join the ever-expanding roster of characters that you can play as in the Marvel game.
But in a surprise, the game was revealed to be getting DLC for the first time in series history. The Expansion Pass will be adding new content to the game starting this fall. Here are some details:
- DLC packs will contain new content such as playable characters, modes, and additional story
- Includes content from popular franchises, like the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Marvel Knights
- First DLC pack will be available in Fall 2019
- Purchase the Expansion Pass to receive an in-game alternative-color chef outfit for Deadpool at game launch.
- Full version of game required to use DLC. Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Game, system, DLC and some accessories sold separately.
If you’re not familiar with the “Marvel Knights’ brand, it was a more mature and dark take on certain characters that happened in the late 90’s/early 2000’s that almost literally helped save Marvel from going out of business. But they have never been represented in video game form…until now that is.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is going to be the biggest game in the franchise’s history, and it releases on July 19th!
Luke Cage, Elektra, Elsa Bloodstone, and Ghost Rider have entered the battle for justice in @MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order, coming exclusively to #NintendoSwitch on 7/19! #MUA3 pic.twitter.com/HyZSeBfwuZ
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) June 11, 2019