The Farm 51, a studio with more than 13 years of experience, has unveiled its new modern military FPS titled World War 3, releasing on Steam Early Access in 2018. World War 3’s Warzone game mode features large-scale combined arms battles with infantry, armored vehicles, and drones; its Recon mode features a fresh approach to the battle royale genre. Strong team play, national armed forces, real locations, full body awareness, and a versatile customization system all contribute to the authenticity of the modern combat experience enhanced by other essential elements such as a robust ballistic system, advanced armors, and life-like weapons. Produced in cooperation with military R&D centers and consultants, World War 3 shows the consequences of every battle in the context of a global war campaign on a strategic war map. During the Early Access stage, the game will be available at a soft price.
- Warzone and Recon – a complete package: World War 3 presents a modern conflict with tactics, techniques and procedures inspired by true combat engagements. Warzone offers opportunities for dynamic, intense firefights in teamwork-focused battles of infantry and armored units over fortified points. The tactically-oriented Recon allows players to cooperate within small reconnaissance squads left on their own to survive and capture high-value targets in hostile territory. Together these modes create a coherent gameplay experience aimed at presenting the actual feel of modern warfare.
- True combat experience: The most authentic bullet vs. armor system in the FPS genre to date, achieved through years of research and development with military professionals. Ballistics, a weight system, full body awareness, vehicle physics, and an extensive customization system all affect the gameplay in a meaningful way.
- Strong team play: World War 3 supports team-based gameplay rewarding the initiative in playing as a part of a squad. Responsible cooperation within a squad is the best recipe for combat effectiveness. Players can choose between assuming the role of an Attacker or a Defender, and use any gear available to support their playstyle – what matters is the victory.
- Strategic war map: To show the consequences of every battle, player performance is rewarded with resources used to conquer or defend a territory, gain additional bonuses via the metagame and turn the tide of war. Every destroyed vehicle, every kill, every bullet fired, every achievement affects the big picture presented on a constantly evolving, interactive war map eventually covering the entire planet.
- National pride: World War 3 is heavily grounded in military realism, offering accurate depictions of weapons, uniforms and equipment of national armed forces inspiring players to make their war effort personal and prove their country is the dominant force on the battlefield. The maps are based on real-life locations such as the streets of Warsaw, Berlin and Moscow (more locations planned) recreated with an unprecedented attention to detail.
- Versatile customization: Players are able to personalize every part of their equipment, choosing from hundreds of combinations of unique weapon parts, attachments, skins, camos and paints. The same applies to vehicles and tactical gear and uniforms. If it’s possible in real life, it’s possible in World War 3.
- No strings attached: No paid loot boxes and pay-to-win approaches to game design. We consider it very important to stay true to the community and deliver the best game we can without resorting to such practices – as players ourselves we believe that the sense of pride and accomplishment should come with no paywall.
COMMUNITY DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT DURING EARLY ACCESS
World War 3 is being developed by people who were raised playing FPS games. They take pride in their cooperation with military professionals and being able to offer the most authentic modern military shooter experience painstakingly balanced with entertaining gameplay. As an indie studio, The Farm 51 considers community feedback crucial in crafting enjoyable and memorable experiences. They want to invite the players to take part in the common effort of making World War 3 the game they always wanted to play.
Check out the announcement trailer below!