Earlier this year, Iron Galaxy and Microsoft announced that Killer Instinct would make its way to Steam. Originally a Xbox One & Windows 10 exclusive, Killer Instinct brings TJ Combo and gang over to the Steam platform. In addition, not only will feature cross-play against Xbox One and Windows 10 gamers.
Link to Killer Instinct on Steam.
Coming to Steam also means that the game no longer requires Windows 10 and can be installed on Windows 7/8 machines.
Killer Instinct’s debut on Steam also comes with a discount. Normally priced at $39.99, picking up the game during the first week, the game will be priced at $29.99. That’s a 25% discount. This also includes all of the previously released characters, stages, and costumes.
It’s been a long time coming, but I’m happy to see that the game has finally arrived on Steam. Hopefully, this means that we’ll see even more Windows 10 games make the jump to Steam. Well, at least the ones that require DirectX 12 – which is exclusive to Windows 10.
• Extensive cast of powerful combatants with tons of customization options including Retro Costumes and Accessories.
• 20 Stages with dynamic stage environments.
• Award winning audio
• Competitive online matches.
• Unique, well balanced characters to fit your fighting style.
• Test your skill online in Ranked Leagues.
• Cinematic Story Mode.
• Extensive Dojo tutorial teaches all the core mechanics for Killer Instinct.
• Train an AI combatant and challenge your friends to asynchronous matches in Shadow Lab.
• Online multiplayer. Pay attention to the Performance Grading test automatically performed before your first match.
• Steam Achievements