The next Cave shoot em up / shmup to make it’s way to the PC via Steam is Deathsmiles. You heard me, Cave’s most infamous shmup title will finally make it’s way over to the PC in 2016 and will be the second title to do so, following the recent release of Mushihimsama.
Announced during today’s event in Japan, Transition Shmup, Degica Games as announced that they will be porting the title. As an added plus, the game will also support local co-op and 6 different playable game modes.
• Horizontally scrolling bullet-hell madness across SIX different game modes.
• Spooky good fun! Battle ghosts, demons, man-eating plants, and even giant cattle in this gothic horror-themed adventure.
• FIVE playable angels to choose from, each with her own faithful familiar.
• Supports two-player local cooperative play. Banish the forces of Hell together!
• Reap what you sow with the challenging and powerful Counter system.
• Freely choose your path and difficulty with nonlinear progression between various macabre stages.
For more info on the title, check out http://deathsmiles.caveshmups.com.