Ah Double Dragon,one of my favorite beat em’ up’s from my childhood. In fact I still play them from time to time. Well seems like I wasn’t the only one who thought they were decent games as DotEMU (The same company behind the Blazing Star, Metal Slug and Raiden Legacy ports) has ported all three of the Double Dragon games; 1, 2 and 3 over to ioS and Android. No not the NES versions but the arcade versions and faithful intact I might add. And yes while I have an issue with games such as this requiring touch controls, I’m happy to say that the game also supports gamepads and even two player action via bluetooth connection.
A groundbreaking, uber-popular game upon its arcade debut in 1987, Double Dragon is the undisputed godfather of co-op beat ‘em all! Discover this mobile version and go back to childhood!
· Two game modes: “Arcade” (play the game from beginning to end and go for the high score) and “Story” (unlock new stages and achievements while playing through the game)
· Customizable controls
· Three difficulty levels: “mobile” (specially balanced for mobile games), “original” (similar to the arcade version) and “expert” (a real challenge!)
· Achievements & leaderboards via Game Center and Google Play Game Service
· Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack and a brand-new remastered one!
· Co-op mode (two players) via bluetooth
· Gamepad support: compatible with most Android controllers and soon with most iOS controllers too