Welcome back to another of The Outerhaven’s super helpful Remnant 2 guides. In this guide, we’re going to inform you of the correct process on how to acquire Ford’s Scattergun, which is another hidden-away weapon. This weapon is a powerful shotgun that can be outfitted with a mod and mutator, so you definitely want to get this in your arsenal.
I’ve heard all sorts of ways to get the weapon, but they weren’t entirely correct. But fear not, as we’re going to tell you the steps to unlock this weapon.
How to acquire Ford’s Scattergun in Remnant 2
- First, you must head to Yaesha and then to the Red Throne. However, since Remnant 2 pulls from several seeds, there’s a chance that you won’t end up in the world that has the Red Throne. In that happens, you’ll need to either reroll your main quest or wait until you have adventure mode unlocked and keep rerolling until you do. I highly suggest that you DON’T reroll your main quest until you’ve beaten the game, or you’ll lose your progress.
- Once you have Red Throne in your Yaesha world, head to the Empress and talk to her. DON’T upset her, and don’t try and fight, or you’ll mess up the questline. She’ll tell you there’s an abomination to be killed, and she wants you to do it. Accept the quest.
- Make your way through Yaseha and continue your questing. Eventually, you’ll make it to the Widow’s Court, where you can find the Ornate Key and Lockbox.
- Proceed through Widow’s Court until you get to the end. You’ll know when you get there as you’ll see a Yellow door. This will take you to the Great Bole.
- You’ll find the abomination at the Great Bole, which ends up being the Corruptor boss. Kill it, then head back to the Empress at the Red Throne location.
- You’ll speak to the Empress at the Red Throne and tell her that you killed the abomination. At the end of a very long talk, she’ll give you the Seal of the Empress, which is needed to get Ford’s Scattergun.
- (Optional) Speak to her again if you also have the Ornate Key and Lockbox, and tell her you found this and didn’t look inside the box. She’ll also reward you with the Red Doe Sigil.
- With all that done, exit the courtroom and leave the building. At the foundation at the intersection, make a right and head to the library.
- At the library, you will see the emblem of the Empress. Equip the Seal of the Empress, and the floor will open up.
- Drop down in the hole, and at the end of the hallway will be Ford’s Scattergun.
If you enjoyed this Remnant 2 guide, give our other guides a read.
- Find The Drzyr Replicator Vendor in Remnant II
- Access Remnant II Gunslinger Archetype Without Preordering
- How to Reset Traits and Upgrade Relics in Remnant II
- How to Get the MP60-R Fully Automatic Handgun in Remnant II
- How to Find the Ornate Lockbox in Remnant II
- Here’s What You Do with the Thaen Seed in Remnant 2
- Fastest Way to Earn Scrap in Remnant 2
- How to Unlock the Secondary Archetypes in Remnant 2
- Unlock the Atom Smasher and Decorum Cipher in Remnant 2
- How to Get Corrupted Lumenite Crystals in Remnant 2