I can’t say that I’m a fan of mobile gaming, but I’d be a fool if I didn’t respect and acknowledge that mobile gaming has gotten very popular. Speaking of mobile gaming, Playdigious has announced that they’ll be poring MotionTwin’s amazing roguelike Metroidvania title, Dead Cells to both iOS and Android Devices.
The title will first arrive on iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) this Summer 2019 and will retail for $9.99. Which is a damned good price. The Android port won’t arrive until later this year.
As you can imagine, the games’ control scheme is being revamped so that the game can be played via the touchscreen. Of course, you’ll be able to use a controller as well, as the iOS version will include MFi support. While Android supports Bluetooth controllers natively.
I may have to check this out when it releases, as I’m a huge fan of Dead Cells. I suppose that’s a triple dip.
- Roguevania – The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath.
- Frantic and Dynamic 2D Action – Learn your enemies’ patterns to stay alive, or prepare to be sent back to your cell before you can say “baguette.”
- Nonlinear Progression – Unlock new levels with every death, opt for the path that suits your current build, your playstyle or just your mood. Surely, the ramparts can’t be as bad the sewers, right?.
- Play at your own pace – Will you explore every nook and cranny of the castle, or rush to the end?.
- Carefully redesigned for mobile with a revamped interface.
- Two game modes available – Original and Auto-Hit.
- Custom controls and More touch controls options available – change the buttons’ position and size to your liking, swipe to dodge…
- MFi external controller support.
- Pay once to get the full Dead Cells experience! No ads, no F2P mechanics!
Dead Cells is currently available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Steam), and Nintendo Switch. You can check out our review of the title here.