Just announced during Nintendo’s Indie live stream, several popular indie titles are making the jump to the Switch. One of which is the amazing RPG, CrossCode, that was originally released for Windows and Linux during 2018.
If you’ve never played it before, just imagine a 16-bit RPG, from the days of the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. An interesting story, lots of action and an art-style that’s pretty on the eyes. That sums up the game, and trust me when I say that it’s definitely a title you should check out. That is if you enjoy JRPGs. To me, it reminded me of a cross between Phantasy Star 2 and Secret of Mana, games that I loved during my youth.
There’s no confirmed release date as of yet. However, just the fact that the game is coming to the Switch is enough for me. More people should have been able to check out this game. Now that it’s coming to the Switch, that’s definitely going to happen now.
- 16-bit, SNES-style 2D graphics with detailed animations
- A soundtrack inspired by old SNES and Playstation JRPGs
- A unique ball throwing mechanic with charging functionality and ricocheting balls, used for combat and puzzles
- A fast-paced combat system featuring close and ranged attacks, guarding, dashing and great variety of special attacks.
- A complete RPG system with leveling, equipment, consumable items and skill trees
- A detailed movement system with auto-jumping and precise collision
Nintendo Switch owners are in for a treat with this game!