Great news reached fans of the Red Faction series this morning with the first trailer for Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered, THQ Nordic’s remastered edition of the beloved sandbox game. The trailer features the reworked graphics and promised 60 FPS gameplay, which only makes the destruction all the more magnificent.
Nordic also gave us a full list of the features of the game which includes:
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever-changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
Gameplay-wise we know what to expect having experienced the unbridled destruction of the game the first time around. Re-Mars-tered– which I feel silly simply typing out- will also feature 60 FPS or 4k at 30 FPS on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, and full 4k support on PC. Also, if you already own the original version of Guerrilla on Steam you will receive the new edition for free!
While the name is silly and always will be, there’s a lot to look forward to with this remaster, and it’s clear THQ Nordic knows just how to appeal to fans with its electrifying trailer. Red Faction Guerilla Re-Mars-tered will be available July 3rd on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC