NIS America announced, in a press blast issued today, that Love Live The School Idol Movie will be screened in select theaters around the United States on September 12th, 2015.
For those not familiar with Love Live, the story chronicles the adventures of Honoka Kosaka and her idol group, the μ’s (pronounced as muse,) saving the school through participating in “Love Live” the ultimate school idol competition.
The official synopsis of the movie states:
Although μ’s, the defending champions of the school idol tournament, plans to dissolve their group after the graduation of their senior members, they receive news that leads them to holding a concert event! The 9 girls continue to learn and grow in this new and unfamiliar world. What is the last thing that these girls can do as school idols? With the clock ticking, what kind of meaning will the μ’s members find in performing the most exciting live performance?
The movie screenings will feature the original Japanese voices with English Subtitles. You can buy tickets in advance at the following venues across the United States.
- Tempe, AZ | Harkins Theatres – Valley Art
- Los Angeles, CA | Downtown Independent
- Sacramento, CA | Tower Theater
- San Francisco, CA | New People
- San Diego, CA | Carmel Mountain 12
- San Diego, CA | Gaslamp 15
- Littleton, CO | Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Littleton
- Washington DC | Angelika Pop-Up
- Honolulu, HI | Ward Stadium 16
- Cambridge, MA | Brattle Theatre
- Bloomfield, MI | The Maple Theater
- Kansas City, MO | Alamo DrafthouseMainstreet
- Manville, NJ | Manville 12 Plex
- New York, NY | Village East Cinema
- Williamsville, NY | Dipson Eastern Hills Cinema
- Columbus, OH | Gateway Film Center
- Dallas, TX | Angelika Film Center & Café – Dallas
- Katy, TX – | Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park
- San Antonio, TX | Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Westlakes
- Sandy, UT | Megaplex Theatres – Jordan Commons
- Fairfax, VA | Angelika Film Center & Café – Mosaic
- Seattle, WA | Grand Illusion Cinema
Will you be going to see Love Live The School Idol Movie? Let us know in the comments!