We’re looking for writers to bolster our ranks! Are you that person?
If you enjoy writing and sharing your thoughts and opinions with the world, then we may have a job for you!
Who Are We?
The Outerhaven was originally launched back in 2011 by a bunch of friends who just wanted to record podcasts and talk about the video game scene. Since that time, we have grown into the organization that we are today. We pride ourselves on providing entertaining podcasts, interesting features like The Anime Pulse, and bringing in our readers the latest geek culture-related content on the web. We are an organization where budding writers and people interested in written journalism can hone their skills while writing about what they love in a professional yet friendly environment.
As of 2017, we average 150,000 unique visitors and we’re still growing. We’re not a fly-by-night organization, we’re here for the long haul.
Why are we looking for help?
Honestly? We love what we do but we’re finding out that our ragtag team of commandos needs some backup from time to time. This is where you come in! You would be jumping onto a fire team with plenty of experience, a huge passion for what we do, and more importantly would love to do more than what we’re doing now. So what do you say? Want to join a successful, built from the ground up community and kick some butt?
What’s in it for you?
- A portfolio of your work that you can use and share on any website you like. It’s your work and we want to help you shine!
- Your very own personalized email address (@theouterhaven.net). How cool is that?
- Access to your very own private/public online storage.
- Access to events such as New York Comic-Con, San Diego Comic-Con, Dragon Con, E3, IndieCade, PAX and much more. But you have to put in the work for these events!
- Access to both a Teamspeak and Discord server.
- Access to review copies and screenings/screeners as we acquire them. You get to keep the review copies!
- The chance to work with like-minded individuals, to form new bonds with people who enjoy writing about and discussing all things geek culture, such as video games, comics, anime, toys, and movies
- A minimum requirement of 1 per day/3 or more posts a week, which can be news, opinion pieces or reviews. Video producers, you will be required to supply at least 2 videos a month. E-sport reporters will need to keep up with current ongoings in the scene and will have different requirements.
- Expanding coverage of current and upcoming video games (all platforms), anime news and reviews, gaming and tech hardware, film and television news/reviews, as well as toy news and reviews.
Candidates should have:
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism. Communication is key and you must be willing to stay in contact with your team.
- Experience with WordPress, but not required. We’ll train you!
- A willingness to learn from, and in turn, teach what you have learned to others.
- You must love what you do. This is important. If you’re not passionate about doing this type of work or hobby, it will show in your work.
All candidates would report to the management team!
For all interested parties, please complete our application by filling out this form.