In Remnant 2, you’ll come across mutators, which are items that enhance your weapons in various ways, and they can also be upgraded all the way to level 10. The downside is that you’ll need Corrupted Lumenite Crystals to upgrade the mutators by going to Dwell, who’s located in Ward 13.
So far, the only way I’ve been able to farm Corrupted Lumenite Crystals is by defeating Aberrations, which are elite mobs that spawn in the worlds. You’ll know when you’ve found an Abboration due to its red corrupted aura. They are more powerful than regular versions of enemies found in the game, and they will typically include several status modifiers that give other abilities. Defeat one, and they drop several Corrupted Lumenite Crystals.
Here’s an example of an Aborration fight against the Fetid Corpse.
Once you know where they spawn, you can continue rerolling the Adventures and as many Corrupted Lumenite Crystals as needed, though I don’t recommend you rerolling your main game. The downside is that they seem only spawn once, in your main world and adventure. However, you can reroll adventures as many times as you want and hunt them down for more Corrupted Lumenite Crystals or jump into other players’ games.
Here are a few locations where you can find the Aberrations, but there are many more. I don’t even think I’ve found them all, as I’ve been rerolling to find the same ones.
- Bastion – Guarding a special item in the Labyrinth
- W.D. 109 – Void Vessel Facility on N’Erud
- E.D. Alpha – Tower of the Unseen on N’Erud
- The Progeny – Can be found in each of these locations Hatchery, Dark Conduit, or The Putrid Domain on N’Erud
- Abomination – Putrid Domain on N’Erud
- Fetid Corpse – Void Vessel Facility on N’Erud
- Mantagora – Imperial Gardens on Yaesha
If you enjoyed this Remnant 2 guide, give our other guides a read.
- Find The Drzyr Replicator Vendor in Remnant II
- Access Remnant II Gunsligner Archetype Without Preordering
- How to Reset Traits and Upgrade Relics in Remnant II
- How to Get the MP60-R Fully Automatic Handgun in Remnant II
- How to Find the Ornate Lockbox in Remnant II
- Here’s What You Do with the Thaen Seed in Remnant 2
- Fastest Way to Earn Scrap in Remnant 2