Oh Marvel, you know just how to pull at my heartstrings. Today, Marvel released a new video highlighting the progress of the past Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) films, featuring a loving speech by the late Stan Lee. However, more importantly, the video announces the new dates and titles for all the films of Phase 4, with some surprises in store for the new movies:
In the second half of the video, we see some clips from the two movies we already have trailers for, Black Widow and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. We also get a first look at Eternals, including Angelina Jolie wielding a badass light sword and a very brief look at the final costumes, as well as the main cast.
One of the biggest surprises is that rather than being Captain Marvel 2, the sequel to Captain Marvel will be called The Marvels. Does that mean Monica Rambeau will be joining up as Photon, now that WandaVision gave her powers? Will we be getting more super-powered friends to join the lineup? It’ll be cool to see what they’ll do with it! Also, no Fantastic Four or the announced Captain America 4, though they, of course, will need big projects to kick off Phase 5.
It also seems, since the Disney+ Premier wasn’t mentioned, that you’ll only be able to see the latter movies in theaters, which could be a turn off for viewers who are still worried about going to indoor public spaces during a pandemic.
Here are all the films featured in Phase 4 and their premiere dates:
- Black Widow — July 9, 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings — September 3, 2021
- Eternals — November 5, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home — December 17, 2021
- Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness — March 25, 2022
- Thor: Love and Thunder — May 6, 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever — July 8, 2022
- The Marvels — November 11, 2022
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania — February 17, 2023
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 — May 5, 2023