I know many of you have been asking about the music in Streets of Rage 4 since Dotemu, Lizard Cube and Guard Crush Games haven’t been talking about it. Thankfully, I’ve had the pleasure of listening to some tracks during PAX East 2020, as well as having some hands-on during PAX East 2020. I’ve reached out to Dotemu on multiple occasions to give us all a snippet of the music that’s present int the game, but they’ve gone beyond that.
Today, they not only released a nice episode of their “Beyond the Music of Streets of Rage 4”, which you can see below. There’s a nice bit of information and processes used for the creation of the music. The full list of who’s working on the soundtrack was also released.
- Olivier Derivière (Dying Light 2, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, GreedFall, Vampyr …)
- Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Ys I & II, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge of Shinobi, Shenmue I & II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 3DS and Wii U & Ultimate, ActRaiser 1 & 2 …)
- Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns …)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Super Mario RPG, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve …)
- Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl, Captain Tsubasa …)
- Harumi Fujita @HarumiFujita (Final Fight, Mega Man 3, Bionic Commando, Strider, Ghosts ‘n Goblins, Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Tomba! …)
- Scattle scattle.bandcamp.com (Hotline Miami 1 & 2)
- Das Mörtal @dasmortalmusic (Hotline Miami 2)
- XL Middleton @XLMiddleton
- Groundislava @Groundislava
But they also released several tracks that you’ll hear in the game. Something of which many people have been asking for, so make sure you check out these tracks.
Streets of Rage 4 still has a Spring 2020 release window for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.