Here we go folks, Sega has finally announced when we’ll be able to jump into the universe of Phantasy Star Online 2. Starting on February 7th, 2020 at 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET, both selected Xbox One and Windows 10 beta test users will be able to join the servers.
You’ll be able to pre-load the game as of Feb 3rd. I recommend pre-loading as the servers are likely going to be pegged once the beta goes live. The beta ends on Feb. 8th, 11:59 PM, meaning it will only for two days which is disappointing. However, looking over the plans, there’s plenty of stuff to do.
February 7th Quests
- 8 to 8:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
- 10 to 10:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening
February 8th Quests
- 7 to 7:30 a.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
- 1 to 1:30 p.m. PST – Giant Automata: The Awakening
- 5 to 5:30 p.m. PST – Cradle of Darkness
- 8:30 to 9 p.m. PST – The Raging Obsidian Arm
- 9 to 9:30 p.m. PST – Elder of the Unfathomable Abyss
There’s a lot more planned, so be sure to head over to the Phantasy Star Online 2 beta info page here.
If you haven’t signed up for beta access, it’s not too late to do so. Just install the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device!
- Navigate to the Store tab on your Xbox One console, or the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10 device.
- Select Search and look for “Xbox Insider Hub.”
- Select the Xbox Insider Hub and choose “get” or “install.”
Once the app is installed, make sure to register for early sign-up for the game!
- Launch the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox One or Windows 10 device.
- From the main dashboard, select Insider Content.
- Under “Games,” select “Phantasy Star Online 2.”
- Select “Join” to register for early sign-up.
This all still seems like a dream for me. I’ve been itching to play Phantasy Star Online 2 since it was originally announced for the PC back in 2012. Of course, many of you already know how that went; Sega never released the game in the West, despite our pleas.
So if you don’t see me at all next weekend, you’ll know where I’ll be.