Looks like Nintendo Switch fans will have another 3D platformer to look forward to later this year. Originally mentioned during E3 2019, Super Lucky’s Tale is headed to the Switch this.
This is actually a follow-up to the original title that appeared on the Oculus Rift, followed up by Super Lucky’s Tale for the Xbox One in 2017. Now we have It will launch this November 8th, 2019. Currently, the game hasn’t been priced.
Explore an animated 3D world, which honestly feels and plays a lot like Super Mario Odyssey with Lucky the Fox. A happy go, yet reluctant hero as he works his way across multiple works to save the Book of Ages. Lots of fun, lots to do and it’s a good time for players of all ages. My kids and I enjoyed this when we played.
What’s more, this isn’t a simple port, hence the naming. According to Playful Studios, the Switch version has been reimagined and rebuilt. Complete with updated levels, new puzzles, new gameplay elements and more. The camera has been updated to give you completely 360 degrees (yes!) as well.
Check out what else is new or expanded on:
- Significant redesigns for most of the game’s levels, with new environments, layouts, puzzles,
secrets, quests, creatures, minigames and more, as well as new tutorial sections.
- New and upgraded moves like the slide and enhanced burrow, as well as more precise and responsive
- Fully rotatable in-game camera, immensely improving player freedom and exploration.
- Expanded level progression system to allow players to more freely tackle stages and challenges in
whichever order they choose.
- New story cinematics, characters and dialogue from start to finish.
- Numerous improvements to the game’s art, lighting, UI, sound, music and more.
Look for Super Lucky’s Tale this November 8th, 2019, for the Nintendo Switch. As for me, I’m curious to see how these new updates compare to the original version.