Sega has just announced the next bunch of titles that will be available on the Sega Genisis Mini. And this time, the announcements are a bit more interesting.
Not only did Alex Kidd make the cut, but also Mega Man: The Wily Wars or better known as Rockman Mega World in Japan. Now what makes this so interesting is that this game is freaking hard to find. And if you did find it, it was likely super expensive as it’s a heavily sought out title. So for this to be included in this retro package for under $80, well it’s going to make a lot of Mega Man fans very happy.
The recently announced games can be seen below.
- Mega Man: The Wily Wars
- Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
- Sonic Spinball – Phantasy Star IV
- Beyond Oasis – Ghouls ‘N Ghosts
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Golden Axe
- Wonder Boy in Monster World
This brings the current title count to 28, meaning there’s still 12 more games for Sega to announce. The previously announced games include the following.
- Earthworm Jim
- Altered Beast
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
- Castlevania: Bloodlines
- Comix Zone
- Contra: Hard Corps
- Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Gunstar Heroes
- Shining Force
- Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Space Harrier 2
- Streets of Rage 2
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Thunder Force 3
- ToeJam & Earl
- World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
The Sega Genesis Mini releases in North America on September 19, 2019. It will be priced at $79.99 and comes with the system, 2x three-button controllers and 40 games.