Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom is getting closer to its release. While the title has been in development for a number of years, the game is finally. It will be released on Dec 4th, 2018, on the PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. It will be priced at $39.99 for all platforms.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. Why does this remind you of Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap? Well, there’s a good reason for that. Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom is a spiritual successor of Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Westone Bit Entertainment 1989). The Dragon’s Trap is set in the Wonder Boy series takes and place right after Monster Land. So the games are closely related to each other. Hence barely the striking resemblance. The title has also been developed by FDG Entertainment, a completely different development studio.
The studio claims that the title retains everything that made the original so good. Then adds upon it with updated graphics, which includes the amazing hand-drawn animations. I definitely will be checking this out, as I enjoyed the original title on the Sega Master System when I was younger.
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
- Switch: Full HD graphics at 60 fps: the game supports 1080p/60fps in TV mode and 720p/60fps in Nintendo Switch handheld mode.
- Switch: HD rumble support: feel the action with high-performance HD rumble support.
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4: Full HD graphics at 60 fps
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4: Achievements and Trophies (incl. Platinum)