On this very day, back in 2014, Big Hero 6 debuted its official theater release in the U.S. And to mark this four year anniversary came an announcement from Kingdom Hearts 3, revealing their voice cast for the Big Hero 6 characters found within the game. All of the revealed voice actors in question are reprising their past roles, either from the title movie or from Big Hero 6: The Series, which is fantastic news. Other Disney universes will see a slew of returning actors take up their old roles too, but let’s start off with our friends from San Fransokyo first.
- Ryan Potter as Hiro Hamada
- Scott Adsit as Baymax
- Jamie Chung as Go Go Tamago
- Genesis Rodriguez as Honey Lemon
- Khary Payton as Wasabi No-Ginger
Other confirmed voice talent who’ll also be reprising their roles as beloved Disney characters include the following:
- Kristen Bell as Anna (Frozen)
- Idina Menzel as Elsa (Frozen)
- Jonathan Groff as Kristoff (Frozen)
- Josh Gad as Olaff (Frozen)
- Zachary Levi as Flynn Rider (Tangled)
- Donna Murphy as Mother Gothel (Tangled)
- John Ratzenberger as Hamm (Toy Story)
- Wallace Shawn as Rex (Toy Story)
- Tate Donovan as Hercules (Hercules)
- Kevin R. McNally as Gibbs (Pirates of the Caribbean)
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer as Goofy
That about sums up all the confirmed voice actors on the Disney side of things, however, the full English cast has still yet to be revealed. Though the lineup of talent is already impressive enough from just this list alone. I’m honestly surprised by how many stars the Kingdom Hearts 3 team managed to reel back in for another go as their respective characters.
Hearing the characters speak through their original voice actor is lovely and always well appreciated. Sometimes a noticeable change in a character’s voice that you’re familiar with can be bit jarring or off-putting; as I’m sure there are folks out there that share that same sentiment.
Kingdom Hearts 3 will be releasing on January 25th, 2019, for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.