UPDATE: Apparently, after the leak of the video, Blizzard decided to go all-in on the reveal and unveiled the remainder of the expansion information. The post below has been updated to reflect all of the new information.
Blizzard sent out a teaser last week to save the date of July 12, 2018. Rumors of a new Hearthstone expansion began to run rampant. Today, Blizzard also unveiled a couple of teaser images, depicting an eyewash station; however, they revealed a little more than they had anticipated.
Blizzard accidentally made their Hearthstone expansion announcement video live, inadvertently letting the cat out of the bag two days early. You can view the video below:
Update: The official trailer went live a few moments after this post.
Hearthstone: The Boomsday Project is the newest expansion and it is due out on August 7! The pre-order bundles are as follows:
- 50 Card Packs
- A random golden legendary from The Boomsday Project
- The Mecha Jaraxxus card back
- Cost: $49.99
- 80 card packs
- A Random golden legendary from The Boomsday Project
- The Mecha Jaraxxus card back
- Mecha Jaraxxus Warlock Hero
- Cost: $79.99
Both bundles are available for pre-order now through the in-game shop. Buying the will unlock the card back immediately as well as the Mecha Jaraxxus Warlock hero if you get the Mega Bundle.
YOU FACE MECHA JARAXXUS! MECHA EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!
- New Keyword: Magnetic – Cards with magnetic can be played by themselves; however, if you have a mech in the battlefield, you can attach that card to the mech and give that mech the magnetic card’s attack, health, and stat that is stated on the magnetic card.
- Projects – These are new spell cards that will benefit both players when played
- Omega Project – Normal cards that do something extra if you have a full 10 mana crystals.
- Legendary Spells – Legendary spells are returning
- 3 Free Packs – Much like with every expansion, simply logging into the game during a time window during the expansion’s launch will net you 3 free card packs.
- Puzzle Lab Solo Content – Nothing was really mentioned about this game mode outside of the fact that it’s science-themed and it will launch two weeks after the expansion on August 21. You know, because they wouldn’t want to take away from something ELSE that’s happening on August 14. Does this mean they expect people to be bored with Battle for Azeroth after a week? Hmm…..
Since this is a leak, extra information such as how much the pre-orders will cost and what the new game board will look like have yet to be revealed. We will, most likely, know more come July 12 when The Boomsday Project is scheduled to be formally announced.
Yeah, nevermind what I wrote there. Here’s the new gameboard!
The video did; however, unveil five (technically 6) cards from the upcoming expansion. The sixth card was a teaser for Dr. Boom, Mad Genius. It is a Warrior Hero Card but outside of a name, we don’t have any stats with the exception that we can presume that it will give us 5 armor when played like every other Hero/Death Knight card that came before it. The rest of cards were completely visible which you can view below: