So Luigi, I heard you liked balloons
Luigi’s Balloon World Update was announced earlier this year by Nintendo. A free update for Super Mario Odyssey, featuring the other half of Team Mario. Earlier today, information regarding the update was leaked. While the update wasn’t due to sometime later this week or next week, you know how news spreads. And apparently, Nintendo to keen on having anyone leak it’s upcoming news.
So much to the surprise of everyone, Nintendo has released the Luigi’s Balloon World update. As of right now, the update is live and available anyone who owns a copy of Super Mario Odyssey.
However, there’s a catch. In order to actually play the update, you need to have beaten Super Mario Odyssey first. Only then can you access the new mini-game “Balloon World”.
Full update on accessing the update and what it includes below:
- After completing the game a new mini-game Balloon world will now be playable
- Talk to Luigi in any of the Kingdoms to start playing
- After completing the game, a number of special outfits will be added to the shop
- A number of new filters have been added to Snapshot Mode
- Jump-Rope Challenge has been adjusted so that there will be a speed change after reaching 110 jumps
- World Rankings and Friend Rankings have been reset for Jump-Rope challenge
- Best records will not be reset
- Fixed a number of issues to improve the gameplay experience
Super Mario Odyssey is only available on the Nintendo Switch. Our resident Nintendo team loved the game. Why not check our review here.