If you’ve been waiting for the PC version of Final Fantasy XV, then you won’t have to wait much longer. Today, Square Enix has announced that their PC version of the latest RPG is coming to the PC on March 6, 2018. And while we’ve known about this version for a while now, the released date was shrouded in secrecy. With the PC version, several huge updates to the game are being released. This includes native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS support. Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is priced at $49.99 and is available for pre-order as of Feb. on Steam, Origin and the Windows 10 (Microsoft) store.
But that’s not all, as the rumored Final Fantasy Royal Edition was also confirmed for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This title was leaked and rumored just a week ago and now Square Enix has confirmed its existence. But what is it exactly? Well, think of it as a Final Fantasy XV Game of the Year Edition, because that’s exactly what it is. This edition is also priced at $49.99 and will be available on March 6, 2018, as well.
Here’s what both editions include:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
For more info on either game, head on over to the official Final Fantasy XV website.