At the 2017 BlizzCON, Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft‘s seventh expansion, The Battle for Azeroth. It will feature a return to the Horde vs Alliance War with new features including the following:
- Alliance Continent: Kul’tiras
- Horde Continent: Zandalar
- Allied Races: Lightforged Draenai, Dark Iron Dwarf, Void Elf for Allliance and Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Troll for Horde
- Level Cap raised to 120
- New “Artifact” amulet called The Heart of Azeroth. Powered by Azerite and enhances gear rather than being a talent tree. Goes in your neck slot
- 5 New Character Stories: Thrall, Vol’jin. Sylvannas, Jaina and Anduin
- Level Scaling applied to the entire world. Can choose which expansions to level in (i.e. Burning Crusade / Wrath of the Lich King is lvl 60-80)
- World PvP Improvements: Flagging for PvP will move you to a PvP Realm. Unflagging puts you on a PvE realm. All realms will have this feature
- 2 New Arenas and 1 new Battleground that takes place in Silithis and can be previewed in 7.3.5. The new battleground will be a dynamic capture point with nodes randomly popping up throughout the battle for players to capture.
- Island Expeditions are similar to Invasion Points. Randomly generated islands with objectives. PvP can happen on these islands as well. Some feature advanced AI NPCs that will act like players versus standard enemies seen today.
- Warfronts are bigger versions of Expeditions and feature 20 players vs NPC
- New raid with 8 bosses called Uldir, Halls of Control. It is the initial raid like Highmaul or Emerald Nightmare.
- Second raid not mentioned by named, but it is confirmed we will be dealing with Queen Azshara!
- 10 New Dungeons. 4 will be for Alliance for leveling, 4 for Horde.. all 10 unlock at level 120. Mythic+ will be returning.
No release date has been announced as of yet
The Battle for Azeroth cinematic trailer
The Battle for Azeroth feature overview