I’m sure by now that you’ve already seen the reviews for Bandai Namco’s and Slightly Mad Studios Project CARS 2. This also includes our review, which can be read here. So far, the game is scoring well, despite a few issues which would likely be addressed via an update. Speaking of updates, I just noticed an update for the game was released to date. Update 1.03, which is currently being downloaded to my PlayStation 4.
Here’s the kicker – it’s 10GB! Meaning, this update will be downloading for a while. Last I checked, it said I still had three hours to go. *Damned PSN downloads* So what’s in the update? Well, a lot of stuff, including some stuff that needed to be addressed.
Version 1.03 patch notes.
- Reenabled HDR.
- Several enhancements and improvements to Career Mode.
- Several enhancements and improvements to the in-game HUD.
- Enhancements and improvements to Time Trial, Director and Broadcast modes.
- Enhancements and improvements to Photo Mode.
- Support for larger saved replays.
- Several enhancements and improvements for online play.
- Several enhancements and improvements to AI.
- Smaller tweaks to Motorsport Presets, car handling, pit stops, vehicle graphics, rendering and special effects.
One of my biggest issues with PCARS 2 is the AI, so I’m happy to see this is being addressed. The rendering and graphical tweakers are also appreciated. Since the download is still, well, downloading, I can’t test it out. But as soon as I do, I’ll let you know.
Project CARS 2 releases on September 22nd, 2017, for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.