Previously, if you played Shovel Knight on the Nintendo Switch, the resolution was outputted at 720p. This is the same resolution that is rendered in the undocked mode, which was a mistake. Of course, the fine folks over at Yacht Club Games noticed this and corrected this in Update 3.0A for Shovel Knight.
Among other changes in today's 3.0A update on Switch:
Shovel Knight now outputs at a 1080p resolution while playing in docked mode.
— Yacht Club Games (@YachtClubGames) March 30, 2017
In addition, Update 3.0A introduces a number of fixes for the Nintendo Switch version of Shovel Knight. See below for a full list of changes.
Shovel Knight 3.0A Update:
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Crash when defeating the final boss with a German language setting.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Fixed a bug that allowed Specter Knight to Judgment Rush to unintended locations during certain scenes.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Horace sometimes rewarding the wrong gold amount when reaching the tower’s top.
- Fix: Support for Player 2’s controller within calibrate screen prompts.
- Fix: Delete All now resets screen scale and brightness settings.
- Fix: Shovel of Hope: Various bug fixes for co-op.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Broken camera transition when falling into a certain death pit within “event 2”.
- Various localization and text improvements.
- Change (Shovel/Plague): The wandering encounter Reize will no longer cross over into the second tier of stages if the game time is below 25 minutes…
- Now outputs at a 1080p resolution while playing in docked mode!
- Screen Scale video option is only applied and available while playing in docked mode.
- Screen Scale menu now appears for the first time that the game is started while in TV mode.
- Note: If your TV is not displaying the game’s full image we recommend adjusting your TV Settings from the System Settings menu — this way you’re set for all games in the future! Learn how to do so here.
- Fix: Screen Scale / Brightness options not saving.