The latest update for Bandai Namco’s and FROMSOFTWARE’S Dark Souls III is going live today, ahead of next week’s DLC release. In update 1.11, a number of fixes and changes have been added. This also includes the support for the PlayStation 4 Pro, finally! If you haven’t played Dark Souls III on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, both versions suffer from low framerates during parts of them game. So this welcome change is a if you play the game on the PS4 Pro.
The added PS4 Pro support provides a variable framerate change that sits between 30-60FPS. It would have been nice to have a consistent experience, but I welcome the added framerate boost.
Other changes include the addition of two new PVP maps; Dragon Ruins and Grand Roof, and will be accessible via the Undead Match. The patch also includes several re-balances, tweaks, and fixes.
The final DLC, The Ringed City, will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on March 28th, 2017. The DLC will cost $14.99, or will be provided in the Dark Souls III season pass.
See below for full Dark Souls III patch notes.
- Made system updates for The Ringed City.
- Increased frame rate for gameplay on PS4 Pro.
- Two new maps added to Undead Match, Dragon Ruins and Grand Roof.
- Added function to Undead Match where, if password matching is used, players can split into teams.
- Added function to Undead Match that allows one team of players to match with one password, and the other team to match with another password.
- Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu.
- Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field.
- Fixed issue where the loading screen was displayed for longer than usual when the guest returned to his/her own world after an online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue in The Painted World of Ariandel where the opened/closed status of the door to the Cleansing Chapel did not synched properly during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue where a guest could enter alone into the boss room for the Dancer of the Boreal Valley during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue where the level sync feature in Undead Match did not synched consistently during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue in the loading screen where guests were not alerted to an error that occurred on the host’s side during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue when player using the miracle Tears of Denial doesn’t get attacked during online multiplayer session.
- Fixed issue where weapons and items sent to the box get corrupted when inventory is full.
- Fixed icons that specify which certain items are for which gender (Chain Armor, for example).
- Improved attack power for Daggers (fixed). In accordance with this fix, critical hit is decreased in order to make critical power the same as present.
- Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
- Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
- Improved attack power for Curved Greatswords.
- Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
- Improved motion of shield bash skill. In accordance with this fix, stamina consumption has been reduced.
- Improved motion of Dagger’s Blind Spot skill.
- Increased rate at which Frostbite builds up when using Vordt’s Great Hammer, Irithyll Straight Sword, and Friede’s Great Scythe.
- Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Spear and Follower Sabre.
- Improved motion of Crescent Moon Sword’s skill, Crescent Blade.
- Improved the motion of Moonlight Greatswords’s skill, Moonlight Vortex.
- Improved FP recovery effect of Executioner’s Greatsword.
- Fixed so that Frost Blade appears from the beginning of Pontiff Knight Curved Sword skill.
- Improved FP decrease effect of Yorshka’s Spear skill, Pacify.
- Improved motion and the frost effect of Pontiff Knight Great Scythe skill.
- Improved motion of normal attack for Greatlance.
- Fixed so that poise is applied during Greatlance two-handed attack.
- Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain.
- Disabled parry during Pickaxe’s two-handed attack.
- Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.
- Fixed issue where attack power of some bolts was different from the assumed value when using Avelyn.
- Fixed issue where one-handed attack motion of Crow Talons was incorrectly using the animation for the Fists.
- Fixed issue where player can apply enchantment of Bloodlust to other weapons.
- Fixed so that poise is applied during Spin Sweep attack.
- Fixed issue where Onislayer continued to attack consecutively.
- Improved correction value for Sharp or Heavy Weapons’ upgrade.
- Improved the Bleed build-up of Blood infusions.
- Reduced Bleed build-up of weapons not infused with Blood.
- Improved the Poison build-up of Poison infusions.
- Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy Weapons’ upgrade, adjusted correction value for Refined weapons’ upgrade.
- Improved defense and also reduced weight for heavy armor.
- Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
- Extended the time you can move during the casting of the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys’ Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods.
- Fixed issue where bonus value is not affected by Dark Damage when equipping Hornet Ring during critical attack.
- Increased the damage of Poison and Toxic dealt by players, and shortened its duration.
- Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.
Ah yes, I am definitely excited for this! Sad, this may be the final update we’ll receive for the game.