The next Playstation 4 system software update has been detailed on the Playstation Blog.
Codenamed “Shingen,” system software 4.00 comes boasting several UI tweaks and organization features. Here’s a breakdown of all the new changes and additions:
- Several UI changes, including redesigned icons and notification bubbles, revisions to the What’s New tab, and new system backgrounds
- The Quick Menu has been overhauled to be more easily accessed, taking up only a portion of the screen and adding several new things so you don’t have to constantly go back to the home screen
- The Share Menu is receiving similar treatment, only taking up a portion of the screen and providing several quality of life changes to make sharing more streamlined. Also, Twitter video clips can be 140 seconds long (up from 10)
- Folders are being added to help organize your games library. The Library itself is also getting some changes, such as adding a Purchased tab to show all content you actually own
- Trophies will be able to be viewed offline. Also, the contents of a hidden trophy can be viewed, and the rarity icons are being changed
- The User Profile is getting updated to show more pertinent information easily, as well as granting more customization options
The beta for the system software begins soon, so if you signed up, be sure to check your email for instructions on how to update your system. Otherwise, system software 4.00 will be in everyone’s hands in a few weeks.