SNK’s upcoming King of Fighters XIV, which went from “I don’t even care about this game” to “Holy Shit, I gotta have this game” is only a few days ago. Haven’t had a chance to check it out during PAX EAST 2016 and watching tons of game footage. That said, we’ve gotten our first unboxing video, getting a first look at the Premium Edition.
Check out the video below. And it’s worth nothing that it’s not too late to pick up your own copy over at Amazon or other places where games are sold.
King of Fighters XIV releases on August 23,2016, for the PlayStation 4. Oh, yeah, we’ll have a review for the game in the upcoming week. So watch out for that!
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV “Burn to Fight” Premium Edition includes the following for $79.99
• SteelBook® – The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook® emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
• Art book – This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
• 3-Disc Soundtrack – Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
• Collector’s Box – All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.
The legendary fighters in the upcoming THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV will be making their stateside debut thanks to a partnership between SNK PLAYMORE and Atlus U.S.A. The vaunted fighting game series, which first made its debut 1994, is entering a new evolution with THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV thanks to series-first 3D graphics and debuting exclusively on the PlayStation 4 console. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV will arrive to consoles later in 2016.
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV Feature Details:
• 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
• The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
• The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
• The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
• Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIVhas devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.