While it was leaked or unofficially announced a short while ago, Nordic Games has officially announced the remastered version of DarkSiders. This remastered version is being touted as DarkSiders Warmastered Edition and is being released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One PC and yes, even the Wii U. The PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC versions will feature 1080p@60FPS, while the Wii U will run at 1080p@30FPS.
This remastered version follows up with Nordic Games’s previous remaster of DarkSiders II, Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
- Apocalyptic Power: Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
- Extreme Arsenal: Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly Weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
- Epic Quest: Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
- Character Progression: Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
- Battle Heaven and Hell: Battle against all who stand in your way – from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
Warmastered Edition Features:
- PS4, Xbox One and Wii U versions of Darksiders (Wrath of War)
- Native 1080p rendering resolution
- Doubled all the texture resolutions
- Rendering improvements and rework
- Better shadow rendering quality
- Post processing effects
- 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 30 for Wii U)
There is currently no release date for Darksiders Warmastered Edition as of today. Hopefully, this leads will help persuade Nordic Games to finally bring a 3rd game of the DarkSiders story and eventually closure from the cliffhanger ending of DarkSiders II. For more info, check out http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/product/darksiders_warmastered_edition.