Not to be outdone by Blizzard’s Overwatch and its recent competitive mode, Valve Software has announced that Team Fortress 2 will also get a competitive mode. Oddly enough, it took them well over two years to add this mode. Especially when players, including myself when I played Team Fortress 2, had been asking for it. I suppose it’s better late than never.
Entitled “Meet Your Match”, the upcoming update will add the following features to Team Fortress 2.
- 6 vs 6 ranked competitive mode with 18 ranks to earn
- Stat tracking
- A casual mode that will automatically put players into unranked 12 vs 12 games.
- No more auto-balancing for unranked gameplay.
- A level stat that ramps up the more you play
- 3 user created maps: Swiftwater, Metal Works, and Sunshine
For more information on the Meet Your Match update, check out http://www.teamfortress.com/meetyourmatch.