MAiDGiTV’s YouTube channel began to stream behind the scenes footage from the upcoming Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED) live-action film. The film is based off of Ken Sanbe’s manga and follows Satoru, a struggling manga artist who has the ability to turn back time and prevent deaths. When his mother is killed he turns back time to solve the mystery, but ends up back in elementary school, just before the disappearance of his classmate Kayo.
The film’s cast includes:
- Tatsuya Fujiwara (live-action Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin) as the protagonist Satoru Fujinuma.
- Kasumi Arimura (When Marnie was There, live-action Strobe Edge) as Airi Katagiri, Satoru’s part-time job coworker.
- Yuriko Ishida (Princess Mononoke, From Up on Poppy Hill) as Satoru’s mother.
- Mitsuhiro Oikawa (Revolutionary Girl Utena -The Movie-, live-action Nodame Cantabile) as Satoru’s elementary school teacher.
- Rio Suzuki as Kayo Hinazuki
- Tsubasa Nakagawa as elementary school age Satoru
- Tetta Sugimoto
- Kento Hayashi
- Seiji Fukushi
- Kanna Mori
The film is slated to open in Japan on March 19, 2016. Sanbe began the manga in 2012 and it is currently serialized in Kadokawa’s Young Ace magazine. Kadokawa published the seventh compiled volume in December of 2015. The manga was nominated for the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize ‘Reader Award’ in 2014 and last year’s Manga Taisho Awards. An anime adaptation (titled ERASED in the West) premiered on January 7. Crunchyroll and FUNimation are streaming the series as it airs in Japan. The anime will depict the manga’s ending, which is scheduled for March 4, 2016.
Behind the Scenes Footage