While I never heard of this title before, Rogue Stormers, it definitely has my attention now. From the Black Forest Games camp, comes a game that combines the elements of several of my favorite game types; Platforming, Run and Gun / SHMUP’s and Rogue_like, Rogue Stormers looks like a lot of fun, at least in the conception department. To me it looks like a Contra x Gun Star Heroes x Metal Slug mash-up and there’s nothing wrong with that. Toss in some procedurally generated levels, meaning every game you will be different, some fast paced action and some WTF moments and you have a fun party game.
Set to be shown off during the upcoming 2016 PAX South convention (Jan 29-31) and slated for sale on March 24 2016, Rogue Stormers also includes a co-op mode that allows you to play with up to four players either off-line (couch gaming) or on-line and will retail for $19.99 / $29.99 for a 2-pack / $49.99 for a 4-pack.
- I’m So Ronery: Single player mode
- Gun Together for Fun Together: Up to four players local/online co-op
- All You Can Kill Buffet: 5 character classes to decide whether you feel like murdering people with fire or Goop or guns
- Sick Arse Biomes: All generated procedurally with random placement of enemies, traps and upgrades for infinite replayability
- German Humor: ’nuff said
- Farting Angels And Things that Have Teeth But Shouldn’t: Deal with classic orcs, goblins, floating weapon platforms, eldritch horrors and battlegates bristling with weapons
- Set Things on Fire: Trigger environmental chain reactions that will kill both you and your enemies, but idk, it looks cool
- It’s So Shiny: Game world modeled in blistering 3D
For more info on Rogue Stormers, be sure to check out http://store.steampowered.com/app/299480/ and http://blog.black-forest-games.com.