Well it certain looks like it. Thanks to Amazon, who has accidentally put the expansion up as a DLC for the title ahead of time, it seems that Microsoft and Turn 10 are finally able to bring the Porsche into their popular racing title. While Electronic Arts has held on the Porsche license for quite some time, which is why the popular cars haven’t appeared in any game other than the Need for Speed series and more recently Forza Horizon 2, it was reported last year that their license on the Porsche exclusivity was set to expire in 2016.
According to the DLC, we’ll have access to 20 different Porsches, 48 new events, new Porsche themes multiplayer leagues, a new rack track – Virigina International Raceway and of course new achievements.
- Explore the past, present, and future of Porsche in an all-new guided Porsche Anthology campaign experience, featuring 48 new events across all of the Porsche models featured in the expansion.
- Collect, race, and customize 20 of Porsche’s most famous cars, including nine models brand new to Xbox One. From groundbreaking early innovators like the 1957 356A Speedster to bleeding-edge engineering marvels like the 2015 #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid, the legacy of Porsche is on full display.
- Compete in new Porsche-themed multiplayer Leagues, Hoppers, and Rivals events.
- Virginia International Raceway makes its Forza Motorsport debut as a new track in Forza Motorsport 6. Tackle this classic American race track across seven distinct ribbons, all featuring night and wet configurations, and all running at glorious 1080p and 60 frames per second.
- Collect Porsche-exclusive Mods and Badges, and earn 250 Gamerscore worth of Xbox Live achievements.