Today’s Nintendo Direct, the “Final Video Presentation” for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, came touting loads of new information, as well as a few surprises. In case you happened to miss it, here’s everything creator Masahiro Sakurai had to reveal.
- Corrin, the avatar character from Fire Emblem Fates, was announced to be joining the roster in February 2016 for $4.99 on Wii U or 3DS, $5.99 for both
- Purchasing Corrin on Wii U nets players two new music tracks, while 3DS players get two new trophies
- Cloud from Final Fantasy VII was further detailed and subsequently released after the presentation for $5.99 on Wii U or 3DS, $6.99 for both
- The Midgar Stage was detailed, has floating summon materia usable by the player who collects them, summons include series classics Ifrit, Ramuh, Odin, Leviathan, and Bahamut ZERO
- Numerous Mii Fighter costumes were revealed, including a Chocobo hat, a Geno costume from Super Mario RPG, and Knuckles and Tails from the Sonic series
- The final new challenger is Bayonetta, who will be released in February 2016 for $5.99 on Wii U or 3DS, $6.99 for both
- Bayonetta was the winner of the Smash Fighter Ballot, ranking No. 1 in Europe and within the top 5 in North America
- New Bayonetta stage called Umbra Clock Tower, Wii U players get music from the first and second Bayonetta, while 3DS players get 4 Bayonetta trophies
- Ryu, Roy, and Famicom R.O.B. amiibo figures are coming March 18, 2016
- Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta are confirmed to also be receiving amiibo figures in the future
And that’s it for the final Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct. If you’d like to watch the full presentation, be sure to check out the video below.